The Marian Sanctuary

The Marian Sanctuary was built in 1894 as Our Lady Queen of Poland Church. It is located on the Southern slope of Magura 400m away from our guesthouse. In 1894 the Virgin Mary appeared for a couple of times there. A little girl saw it. Shortly after this occurrence the information about what had happened spread around the neighborhood. Subsequently, in the fall in 1894 the locals erected the wooden chapel in this location.

In 1912 a stone church was built. Since 1938 the Salesian Fathers from Oświęcim have been residing there.

In the immediate neighborhood there is also a cave with a spring whose water has miraculous properties according to the legend. By the Sanctuary there is a wide range of attractive tourist trails leading to Klimczok and Szyndzielnia.